Monday, March 9, 2009

A different kind of anniversary

March 9, 2006 --- That was my first day back to work after my 10 wk maternity leave with Big Sister (that's her in a Hawaiian dress for Mr. Fix-It's 30th bday party!) Definitely one of the saddest days in my life... I'd had an amazing time at home with her and was loving being a mom more than I'd ever imagined! (I wasn't one of those girls that went into motherhood thinking it was all baby showers and cute clothes.... I was genuinely surprised by how much I loved being a mom!)

Wow, 3 years have gone by.... It's also been 5 whole months since I came back to work after maternity leave with G-man (I came back on Oct 9 - and that marks 5 months of pumping at work!) Going back to work the 2nd time was tougher in some ways because I knew what was coming. That heartache, that true, physical pain of dropping off your precious baby for the first time. With Big Sister, I held out until I got in my car and then sobbed the whole way to work. With G-man, I was crying before I even handed him off to the teacher. I told Mr. Fix-It that I wouldn't do it again.... that if we have a #3, I'm staying home with her/him longer than just a few months.

Whew, sorry for that crazy Monday moment! I've got big meetings this wk on Wed, so I'll try to pop in as much as I can. I've got some pics of my cute preggo sister to share from the weekend! (But for now, one more of our favorites from Mar 2006!)

2 comments:

Laney said...

Found your blog by way of knottybabywear and you sound like me. My daughter was born Oct 8 and I came back to work when she was 6 weeks. She was 5 months yesterday and I pump 3 times a day at work. Not great fun, but I know it is what is best.

georgie said...

it's kind of sad really... in england we are given a year paid maternity leave, can you even imagine!!! when i had my last child (4 years ago) it was 6 months paid and up to a year off... it was really awesome! and i only work part time, i was actually making more off work then working... i wish america would give moms some more time off with their babies... gx

Related Posts with Thumbnails