Saturday, May 30, 2009

Debut of Big Sister's Preppy Bedroom - Where You Live Friday

I'm finally ready to debut my Semi-Homemade Big Girl Room! It's Big Sister's Preppy Bedroom and it's all hot pink & lime green, all girly, and all fun! And how perfect that it coincided with the Where You Live Friday: Kids' Rooms & Nurseries on Kelly's Korner. (Be sure to check out G-man's Pirate Nursery, too!)



Big Sis and I literally just finished putting up the last of the birds this morning at 7:30. After putting up her monogram, we'd decided we needed more. (A note about the monogram.... this is obviously not it. It IS the same colors and scripts as the real thing, and I think it gives you a good idea.... her first and middle name are longer than 'Big Sister,' so I think it looks a little better, but...)

This is a little closer up, so you can see the birdies! Those of you who know me or read regularly know that my love of vinyl decals is bordering on the need for an intervention. I got this adorable monogram and the birdies from Marilyn at Decal Monograms on Etsy. Go visit her and tell her I sent ya!




A close up on that little cross to the side of her bed.... so sweet and the colors match perfectly!



I loved her black nursery furniture sooo much, that I searched the world over (okay, not the world, but definitely all of north TX) until I found the perfect Big Girl furniture. Love it!

I just love black furniture.... and the lines on these pieces are so clean....




And all the preppiness of the pink & green wouldn't be complete without all the birds - they're everywhere!


A black iron wall hanging by the door:



A couple birdies walking on top of her closet:


Some of the other special touches were moved in from her nursery. Here are some pics I took of her as a baby - her foot, cute face, and tiny hand.





My sister's best friend (who is like another sister to me!) painted these for Big Sister's nursery - they matched her Dance, Laugh, Sing bedding.... I switched the ribbons out to this hot pink (you can have your staple gun back, Mrs. Everything!) and voila! The birdie ties it back in to the theme in her big girl room!



This hung on her nursery door, too, and I still love it...


Just wanted to show off the paint job (you know by now that Mr. Fix-It is a GENIUS when it comes to paint color and different ideas. He came up with the pink & white stripes below the chair rail and it's so cute!

A few of Big Sister's friends sit at the ready for a tea

And Pete (the FAO Schwartz bear) has been her best friend since birth.


Before bed everynight, Big Sister likes to name off every kiddo in her class, using their class picture. (She later thanks God for them and her teachers in her nightly prayer - it's cute!)

If you liked Big Sister's preppy bedroom, you haven't seen nothin' yet! Check out her baby brother G-man's Pirate Nursery - arggggh! ;)

Also, the links weren't working by the time I got the pics posted for my Dining Room last week, so check it out, too!

9 comments:

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Gorgeous!! You have a beautiful family!! Gotta go see your son's pirate room!

Grasso10 said...

Very cute! I love the colors and theme. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Love the pink and green! And I love how the birds are all throughout the room, but all so different! Too cute!

Mrs. Everything said...

Crazy how different the Dance, Laugh, Sing looks with the hot pink ribbon instead of the gingham!

And I still look everytime I'm in ANY Hobby Lobby for that black bird!!

Bre said...

Love it, love it!! You have a talent for decorating!!

Creekmore's said...

Cute room! Great color.

Sasha said...

It all looks beautiful- I wish our walls were smooth so we could do some decals! I love everything you put together, you know!

Becky said...

Wow - you and Mr. Fix-It are both very talented! I love your taste. I wish I had just a fraction of your ability for decorating.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

love the little birdies above her door!

Related Posts with Thumbnails