Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dear Coffee Mate,

Why do you torture me? I have seen ads for your 'seasonal flavors' for over a month now.... yummy flavors like Pumpkin Spice
and Caramel Apple. Both of which are seasonal RIGHT NOW. So, once you showed them off to me in the Sun paper... oh, about 5 wks ago.... I started looking for them in the stores. (Yes, stores plural... I've searched any store I've breezed thru!) But, as it turns out, you don't plan to have them in stores until Nov. Are you not aware that we have not only been to the pumpkin patch, purchased pumpkins and decorated our entire house with them, but that we have also already made caramel apples? What are you waiting for? Starbucks has been on the Pumpkin Spice bandwagon for weeks! (But with this damn recession, I was really hoping Coffee Mate would come thru for me while I limit my $4 coffee intake!)
Then there's my fav seasonal flavor... Peppermint Mocha. I would expect this one a little later than the other 2 flavors, but it comes out at the same time. Again, this doesn't calculate for me....
Please consider a change to the madness in 2010! And in the meantime, I'll continue to subject myself to the boringness that is sugar free vanilla. While I wait. And while Starbucks continues to call my name....
Thankssomuch, Elaine

11 comments:

The Miss' Momma said...

I keep searching for the Coffee House Flavors... the white mocha, etc...

PreppyBumpkin said...

I'm with you chickadee....been searching in vain for the seasonal goodness only to find coconut cream -- which was great for summer, not so much for fall!

Becky said...

Ditto to both your post, and the above comment! Coffeemate has some great coffee recipes on their website, but some are seasonal (one that I really want to try uses Peppermint Mocha creamer). I've been trying to make my own coffee drinks to save money - it really is a lot cheaper to do it yourself. But I wish they wouldn't advertise until these things are actually available!

c o u r t n e y said...

Sugar-Free Vanilla Caramel is good too!

Erin said...

Don't hate me OK??

We have them ALL up here in CT! For at least 3 weeks now. I guess there is a benefit to the 30 degree weather and tons of snow we get. :)

I'm not a fan of the caramel apple, but the pumpkin spice is fabulous. I refuse to buy Peppermint Mocha until at least after Halloween....but it's delish.

Hmmm....if only there was a safe way to ship them to you my friend!

Slim said...

I have a suggestion while we wait for the seasonal flavors in our parts of the country. I too am a big fan of the SF Vanilla coffeemate, and I have a solution to make it pumpkin-y (and still SF!!). At walmart, they sell millstone coffee beans to grind in the store. Right now the seasonal flavor is... wait for it... pumpkin spice! You see where this is going. My daily pot is half folgers half pumpkin. Try this! You will not be disappointed! You can also find pumpkin spice coffees at places like TJMaxx and Ross (wierd, but true).

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

This makes any coffee YUMMY!!!! You can't go wrong on flavors!

Elaine's Semi-Homemade Life said...

Oooh, I love all the comments/suggestions!

Erin, this is bizarre... but AS I was typing this, I thought to myself. I wonder if Erin (way up in the North!) already has these! See, I work in retail, and I realize that seasonal product is generally phased in across climates... ;) Man, if only this was something you could ship - thanks for the offer!

Courtney - SF Vanilla Carmel - that's what I'm using now! Good... but not festive. ;)

Slim - I'm totally in for trying your pumpkin coffee idea.... and I'm wondering if I'd feel the need to go 1/2 and 1/2 or if I'd just want to go full force pumpkin... ;)

Local girls - first to see pumpkin spice or peppermint mocha wins! :)

Natalie said...

I adore Pumpkin Spice Coffee. I blame Starbucks for this. And here, I can only find the creamer in ONE store. I've looked at various chains all over town, but could only get it at Target. And get this.. I've found the more winter flavors (Peppermint Mocha, my fave) already at Wal Mart. Go figure!

To get my fix, I like to add pumpkin pie spice -the actual spice- to the coffee grounds. It smells & tastes SO good!

Amy said...

I work with the Coffee-mate brand team and came across your post. All of our seasonal flavors should be available at stores now, and some stores may be quicker to get them on shelf than others. You can always ask the store manager for these products the next time you shop. In addition, you can buy select Coffee-mate products online at websites such as mybrands.com.

To help with your next Coffee-mate purchase, I am happy to send you some product coupons. Please email me your mailing address (nestlebeverage@casupport.com), and I will get them in the mail promptly! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-637-8534.

Thank you for loving Coffee-mate!

Best regards,
Amy

Anonymous said...

That's totally weird timing -- especially having them all come out at the same time. Poor planning, for sure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails