Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Where you live Friday (the Tues edition - yikes!)

I fully intended to do this on Sunday... but then we had the ER situation, and well.... seems like we're still playing catch up! Here we go:

Kelly at Kelly's Korner says this:
So it's the second week of "show us where you live" Friday! This week is living rooms!


I'm excited to show y'all our living room. It's where the Semi-Homemades really relax and enjoy being together! Now, if only we could find more time for that....



Our living room has lots of great details, thanks to our builder, my hubby Mr. Fix-It. I love, love the color in this nook.... the granite countertop... houses are our hobby. Paint is Mr. Fix-It's specialty, we both love furniture shopping, and I could shop for decor every.single.day. :)





A close up on some of the great pics of Big Sis as a 2 1/2 yr old in some amazing - and cheap! - frames from one of my fav places... Hobby Lobby. I know, it sounds wrong, but trust me... if you haven't been there lately, run! They have everything! And at recession-proof prices!





Okay, here are a couple pics of our living room from last night.... I'd like to say they aren't always this cluttered, but.... we have 2 small children. And 2 demanding, full time jobs. You get the picture! (We were watching DWTS!)







Here you can get a feel for the layout of our house..... the living room backs up to the nook and the kitchen. To the left, is our back staircase. (The front one is at our entryway!) To the right, is the doorway to the back porch and yard.




Overlooking the living room, is the wet bar:

Which also houses misc mail - you know how I love semi-homemade organization!

Then, a couple random details....

Big Sis, my Little Southern Lady, in MY robe, relaxing in the living room...


One of my fav pics hanging in the living room..... Big Sis, again at 2 1/2 yrs old - I had this custom framed and I love it!


I cannot WAIT for next week - nurseries and kids' rooms! Y'all have seen G-man's Pirate Nursery.... but I haven't yet unveiled Big Sis's Preppy Big Girl room. Check in next week! :)

7 comments:

c o u r t n e y said...

Once again, your home is stunning!! I love all the details, you aren Mr. Fix-It are very talented in the home building and decor department! I have an eye for the details, and am very impressed with the attention to all of them! :-) I can't wait for my opportunity to custom build a home with my hubby! But I have to ask, where did you get the adorable magazine rack? I want one really bad for my new den/dining room! Hee hee. :-) Can't wait to see Big Sis's room!

Kristie said...

You have the best house! And the pics look great! Love how you have them displayed.

Unknown said...

It looks like at the bottom of the Living Room Post there is another Mr. Linky widget for you to post your link in.

Big Sis is toooo cute!

Anna said...

Thanks for the tour!

Bre said...

Your home is absolutely gorgeous! Love it!!

Cresta said...

I love your house! We are building a house and I used your kitchen to help me pick my granite and cabinets. I could not wait to see your living room! It looks amazing. We are going to have the same rock on our fireplace. I can't wait to see more!!

MaryBeth said...

Love your house! Mr. Fix it did a great job! I can see why you like having him around :) Looking forward to seeing other rooms. Thanks for sharing...

Related Posts with Thumbnails