Friday, May 29, 2009

Money won't buy happiness.... or A/C, apparently...


I myself am guilty - proud even - to wear Old Navy capris with BCBGirl wedges. Wear a target dress and carry my HUGE Coach Carly bag. I get that. But.... this combo didn't seem to 'go' as well.
Rehearsal at Scmallardia.
Rehearsal dinner at Courtyard by Marriot. In a conference room. With catered BBQ. Honestly, that part of the evening was more my laid-back style. And that BBQ was YUMMY! But after the grandieur of the Schmallardia, the Courtyard felt a little more like... Motel 6. Know what I mean?

And as I sat in a nearby Braums last Sat afternoon.... thinking thru this.... Mr. Fix-It was honoring his groomsman duties. He had 3 hours of photos (like the cheesy one where all the groomsmen jump in the air, etc!). I was catching up on thank you notes and eating choc frozen yogurt. Duh. Watching the temperature on the nearby bank climb. It was supposed to be 82. But it was already 93. At that moment, I get a text from Mr. Fix-It. "The a/c appears to be out in the area where we are holed up." Lovely. Ironic. Hilarious. Except for poor Mr. Fix-It. In his tux. I bet he was ready to high tail it back to the Courtyard and their air conditioning...

Later that weekend, he filled me in with much, much more blog material from his 3 hours at the Schmallardia, but I'll spare you all the details. Just know that Pompass Ass followed them around for 3 hours, making sure they didn't touch anything. I kid you not. Someone got near a marble table, and he proceeded to tell them all how much it cost. Geez.... And when they broke out the beer (outside drinks were strictly prohibited!), I thought he was going to have a coronary!

Oh, and that top pic? Just another reason why I love Sasha! People ARE crazy. So bring on the beer. But don't forget the air conditioning....

2 comments:

MissBliss said...

hilarious!!! I totally get it...

congrats on the stationery! fun...perfection for semi-homemade... :)

Sasha said...

Isn't that be best motto? I was telling Mr. Sasha about this song this weekend and it came on the radio!

Related Posts with Thumbnails