Sunday, May 3, 2009

Where You Live Friday (the Sunday edition)....

....and where I actually lived all day Sat. More on that below.

Just saw this on Kimmie's blog and thought it was right up my alley! Y'all know how much homes are Mr. Fix-It and I's fav hobby! So.... Don't have time to take new pics of my kitchen (I'm supposed to be working right now!), so I just grabbed what I could find...

This is a view of our kitchen from the dining room. I always think I love my kitchen so much that I won't be able to love the next kitchen more. Then I do. Mr. Fix-It has this way of making magic happen when it comes to picking the cabinets, the granite, the appliances, the tile, the everything!



This is from moving day, as you can tell.... no standing mixer, handprint plate made by Big Sis, coffee maker, etc...

View from the nook - where we eat EVERY meal unless we have company and move it either outside or to the dining room. I love the stone at the eat-in bar...

And our nook! Sorry, not much time for commentary...

And ETA a few more 'lived in' shots!

And here's where I have been since Fri evening.


I had the worst stomach bug. I am finally - Sunday afternoon - in an upright position. Oh.my.goodness. It was bad! Poor Mr. Fix-It had to do EVERYTHING and the kiddos were so confused about why I wouldn't touch them or hug on them. AND it rained all day, so the kids were cooped up inside. I had a fever, couldn't keep anything down, body aches....
.
And to top it all off, some horrible weather came thru here yesterday afternoon, and at 4pm, I found myself with both the kiddos (and a play kitchen) in our closet under the stairs when the tornado sirens went off. (Where was Mr. Fix-It? Where every husband is... standing on the back porch, "trying to see it!")
.
So, today I've got to squeeze in as many hours of work I can do. We spent the morning cleaning the house as much as we could, while taking breaks so I didn't do too much! Agh, the joys of having little kids. I seem to have these stomach bugs at a fairly regular rate. It's definitely how I lost most my baby weight after having Big Sis.
.
Okay, back to work! And more soon - I've got lots to share about a fun Etsy event coming up in Dallas, our Puerto Rico Staycation, and more!

12 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

BEAUTIFUL kitchen! Very nice.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

KIMBERLY said...

your kitchen is beautiful! i love the dark cabinets and your nook! thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Oh I love love love your kitchen! I hope ours is half as beautiful when the house is built! I can't wait to post my new home tour in a few months! (And can't wait to see the rest of your beautiful home too!)

Angie Seaman said...

Very pretty kitchen. Love it! Thanks for sharing. Found you thru Kelly's blog. :)

Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/ (blog)
www.angelicagracedesigns.com (website)
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com (photography blog)

Sasha said...

Bless your heart... I am so sorry you've been so sick! I am glad you are feeling better!

Barrett said...

I love all of the different textures in the stone, backsplash and flooring. It is really pretty.

Crystal said...

Beautiful!

Love your cabinets!!

Martha said...

Beautiful... i love the colors! It looks great.. :)
Martha

c o u r t n e y said...

Your home is so gorgeous!! I want more photos please!

Bre said...

I'm total lust with your home. Truly gorgeous!

Jocelyn said...

Cute! I'm redoing part of my kitchen this week (new counters, back splash, sink and faucet) and I'm so excited!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

You house is amazing! The kitchen is my favorite :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails