Saturday, February 20, 2010

THAT was the kind of day I needed....

Today wasn't a day I was super excited about. Back-to-back birthday parties for 4-year-olds. (Translation: a 2 hr party, short break, another 2 hr party.... no nap.... then dinner with friends with MY cranky 4-year-old.)

I was focused on my always long to-do list..... a few projects that must be finished before the house goes on the market March 1.... and an under-the-weather G-man (mr. fix-it took him in this morning and the poor guy has an ear infection that spread into pink eye - yikes!)

But it turned out to be EXACTLY the kind of day I needed.... first party was fun, met a new mom (her son is new to Big Sis's class), had fun talking to the 'regular' moms.... then went to lunch with my 2 fav preschool moms and their kids at this fun place on our Downtown Square. We had salads... a couple glasses of wine.... lots of girl talk. I think I was long over due (for girl time... fun gossip... daytime drinking? ;)... for time to hang with Big Sis and focus only on her and her friends).

Second party was a girly girl dress up party and Big Sis adores those. She rocked some seriously great Hannah Montana karaoke.... impressed the other moms with her rendition of Party in the USA, then cracked me up with her request of Ice Cream Paint Job. (No idea where she got that. Okay, maybe a small idea. I blame mr. fix-it.)

Then dinner with some friends expecting their first child in May. I remember those days... when you know change is coming but you really have no idea how your normal is about to get turned upside down. She had the cutest belly... and I can't wait to meet her lil man!

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

What a fun day! I'm glad it turned out well even though it was so busy. :)

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Sounds like a great day! We have a party today. Can't wait ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails