Okay, so this year was way more SEMI than HOMEMADE. But....get ready for this, don't fall outta your chair.... I got them delivered to teachers last week! Yep, ME! Mainly because I knew if I didn't get them out, they would get lost in the shuffle of the move, and y'all know how much we love our teachers!
Both kiddos have new teachers that I haven't yet appreciated (Gman moved up after school started... and Sissy recently moved into a new class, which is a story all it's own - more on that later!) In other words, I could resort to a tried and true idea and not worry about it!
So.... fancy gourmet popcorn from our favorite nostalgic shop downtown (total plus that I had purchased a Groupon from them!) and some foaming holiday soap from Bath & Body Works (had a fab coupon for that AND a giftcard, so these gifts were super cheap!)
Threw them all in bags... added some tulle and this tag:
This week is THE MOVE! I'm so excited I can barely stand it. And so overwhelmed that at any moment I think I could puke (nice, right?) Mainly, I've got to figure out how, in the next 6 days, I can:
* work about 50 hrs, possibly more
* attend an ornament exchange party at Mrs. Everything's house
* finish Christmas cards and mail them before they get lost
* get my hair did (just covering the greys might ease some of this anxiety!) ;)
* finish packing this entire apartment
* try to get the major move check list started - mainly getting tv/internet and our mail!
* squeeze in 2 more runs for c25k wk 7 (got the first one in today - woo hoo!)
* MOVE into our new dream house!
But Sissy's 5th birthday party went off without a hitch and was THE easiest birthday party I've ever even thought about throwing. I'd recommend this semi-homemade party to anyone and will fill y'all in soon! New house pics soon, too!