Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oh, Alice!

It's come to my attention recently... just how closely my emotional well being is tied to our HOME.  Most specifically, I'm at my happiest and most creative when I'm entertaining, decorating, project-ing (that's a word, right?)  And so... this summer.... (in the Summer House)... I just haven't been myself.  Have I? ;)

So, I'm going to start virtually working on the new house.  I'm starting with Big Sis's Madhatter room.  I was going to explore a couple more options and build storyboards around them, but... let's be honest.  I've had that on my to do list for 5 months, and it's not any closer to happening.  So... here we go!

I came across these Antique Keys in my search for a 'key to Wonderland' feel... and I figured, at $5, they'd satisfy my need to buy something (even though that's not fitting in the budget right now!) 


Right before I sealed the deal on this purchase, I decided to browse the rest of Queen Flourishes antique shop on Etsy.  I came across this Vintage Frame and I'm wondering if a) I can pop that picture out and replace with something else, b) if I could spraypaint the frame black, and c) if I'd even love it after all that.  What do y'all think?


She also has this Vintage Silver Creamer set, but looking at it again, I'm undecided.  I originally got a funky/creepy feel for it, but... I'm looking for teacups/teapots with lots of fun color, so maybe I stick to that.



I'm building my ideas on KEYS and CLOCKS - can't wait to share with y'all!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Ikea actually had the round scroll frames in black for pretty cheap. Cute idea! Can't wait to see how it all shapes up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails