Friday, May 27, 2011

C25K - the Revivial!

Let's cut to the chase.  It's summer and I'm tired of being chubby.  Sugar will be 6wks old (already! sniff, sniff) on Tuesday and I need to fit into my REAL clothes.  Pronto.  Here's a pic of me with the whole family last night at Sissy's kindergarten graduation (which was such a super special night, btw... filled with all the memories of these kiddos - and their parents - that I've come to know and love in the last 3 years!)



I'm tired of hearing... oh, you'll breastfeed those pounds right off. Or ... you'll lose 'em when your body is ready. I don't buy into either! When I had Sissy, I was horrified to learn that it was possible to exclusively breastfeed your baby (for 9 months!) and STILL not be able to lose the weight. I didn't lose the last 10 lbs until after she turned 1. With Gman, it was easier. I can already tell this time is going to be alot like it was in round 1. In my (not.so.professional) opinion, it's because with both girls, I gained weight in places other than my belly. With Gman, it was almost all belly weight.


So... I start C25K for the 4th time. Or 5th... I've lost track. I'm going to walk for a couple wks, until I feel ready to jog. And I'm deciding which program I'm going to do to firm up and tone up - something must be done about these arms!  Until then... you'll catch me in knit dresses, maternity pants, and the one pair of capris I'm gonna buy in whatever-this-size-is.
Have a super fun and safe Memorial Day weekend!
xoxo,

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Girl, I've been living in the same jeans for months now...you'd think that 10 months later I'd be doing better...I've just got to get working on the giggle! I think you look great for 6 weeks pp!

Just Brandi said...

You can do it mama! You've already done it twice, so you're a pro!
I'll be doing the C25K again after baby as well!
I'm rooting for you!!!

michelle roos said...

screw the weight! I just keep telling myself I have worse things to worry about right now! I did however go walking yesterday pushing both kids. Definitely a work out!!! And in the pics you look great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails