Friday, October 1, 2010

My Canton Shopping List

Tomorrow, Mrs. Everything and I are running away!  ;)  We're gonna escape the stress of our daily lives (work deadlines, sick kiddos - you get the picture!) and go to Canton!  Mr. Everything informed us last night that you can't go to Canton with a list.  But we disagree... as long as it's a loose list... with room left for treasures you didn't even know you needed... it's all good!  So, just a few things I'm looking for:

1 - KEYS
So many ideas come to mind, especially for Sissy's Madhatter bedroom.  I love the color in the project below, and it would be perfect in her new room!  A little spraypaint, some scrapbook paper...  Well, that's how I'd make it semi-homemade.  The real how-to is here at Modge Podge Rocks!



Love the element of the keyhole in this collection - it's so Alice!  From Etsy seller Jordan James.


And for the family, I love the idea of this.  Y'all know that we move.  Alot.  It's what we do.  So we might as well celebrate it, right?  Love Stitched shows us how with this cute project.  She spray painted her keys, added the addresses, framed it all on burlap, and done!



Here's a close up.  But I'm thinking about chaging it up a little... 



I'd like to use big, antique-looking keys (I don't even have keys for any of our old houses!)....  And frame them - along with pics of the front of our houses - in an old antique window pane like this:



They come in options of more panes than this, and Mrs. Everything got one during one of our previous trips to Canton (it's so cute - full of their family pics).

These Vintage Medicine Bottles (from Etsy seller Jordan James) are perfect, too!  Maybe with a Drink me! tag around the neck of the bottle?



2.  Black/White/Lime Green
I'm working on an idea for possibly a playroom.... and I'm thinking black...white....lime green... possibly zebra!  Doesn't that sound fun?  A few sources of inspiration:


LOVE this zebra chair from Kirklands.  (It's already so reasonably priced, and this weekend, it's on SALE!)


Maybe picture something like this, but with LIME GREEN where the blue is?  From Etsy seller Art by Kristi.


And I think this is so cool - you purchase these great frames by the lot!  From Etsy seller Mountain Cove Antiques.


 
3. Clocks
Besides keys, the other element I'm going to focus on for Big Sister's new bedroom is clocks.  I'm picturing a wall of clocks and hoping to work on it in Canton.  Because the clocks don't even have to work, I'm hoping to find some steals!  Just a few for inspiration:

Etsy Seller Cyber Moon

Etsy Seller Cyber Moon

Next 3 clocks by Michelle Allen Designs



 
4. Teacups
What would a Madhatter room be without a spot of tea?  Most specifially, I want to figure out how to score some teacups (which are always so girly and prissy) and paint them so they're funky!  And I'd like to try my hand (maybe with mr. fix-it's help!) on this diy Teacup Lamp.  I totally think I can do this...


Check out the DIY at Be Different, Act Normal.

Who knows?  Maybe we'll come across something like this, even!  (From Etsy seller Whimsical Collections)

 
5. Vintage Trucks/All American
We can't leave G-man out!  I've already scored several great items for his first Big Boy room, but I'll be looking for anything Vintage Trucks or All American (think navy blue, red, stripes!) to finish pulling his room together.  I don't have anything specific in mind, but a few ideas:

Etsy seller Simple Block Sayings



Okay, off to bed!  Gotta be well rested for a FULL day of shopping and girly time!  It all starts with pumpkin spice lattes at 8am!  I'll be back to show off my treasures.  Happy weekend!

2 comments:

3LittleByrds said...

Oh I'm so jealous of the girly time and Canton. Can't wait to see what you find. I'm so ready for a Canton trip soon. I love all your ideas you're coming up with. Have fun.

Sasha said...

You are SO talented! Can't wait to see what you put together- love the ideas so far!

Hope you and C had fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails