Sunday, June 17, 2012

BIG CHANGES for this working momma!

Wow.  So much has happened in the last couple weeks!   Really BIG things!

For starters, I resigned from my job on June 1st after almost 9 years there!  All of you know how much I've been stressing about getting a better work/life balance.... I'm hoping this is it!  I have left my job at the corp office of one of America's favorite department stores.... and tomorrow is my first day at the corp office of one of America's favorite craft stores!  (Don't think I'm not beyond thrilled about being closer to the crafting world, having a discount!, and figuring a way to justify 'craft time' as 'working at home' time!)  This company really values families and seems to really have a reasonable stress level.  I pray that this is exactly the change of pace my family needs.  I'm sure you could tell by my lack of blogging that time was beyond precious and (work) stress at an all time high. 

After resigning on a Friday.... mr. fix-it and I booked a trip the next Monday... and left 4 days later!  Talk about spontaneous!  Yes, last week at this time, I was here:



St. Thomas!  The US Virgin Islands.  (My passport had expired and mr. fix-it doesn't have one... getting that taken care of has been on our to-do list, but with only a couple days to plan this trip, we had to go somewhere we wouldn't need them!)  It was GORGEOUS!  We took this opportunity to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (which was in April, sandwiched between baby Bree's 1st birthday, my brother's wedding, and my Dad joining the Catholic church!)

We took recommendations from friends and did some things I never thought we'd do... stayed at The Ritz!....ate kangaroo.... vacationed without feeling the need to DO THINGS the whole time..... and I read more than 2 books!  (My sweet mr. fix-it surprised me with an extravagant anniversary gift the night before our trip - an ipad!!  So, I spent days at the beach, sipping fancy drinks and reading the 50 Shades series on my ipad.)  HEAVEN!!!

Here we are, celebrating our anniversary at the Old Stone Farmhouse in St. Thomas.  We're in the kitchen, meeting the chef and hearing all about all their yummy food and how he prepares them.  Such a cool experience!





I also have some exciting blogging news - I just need a little more time to get it together and then I'll share.  And that will probably corresponde with getting Bree's fun filled 1st birthday party on the blog, too!  (Oh, and GT turns 4 next month, so there's PLENTY of party planning to do!  He just changed his mind... from Angry Birds... to Spiderman!  So, here we go!)

Wish me luch tomorrow!  :)


8 comments:

C. Beth said...

Such an exciting change for you! I really hope this is the perfect fit.

The vacay looks awesome. :)

Mrs. Kelly Rooks said...

How exciting!! You + Craft Store = Awesomeness! :) Vacation looks and sounds amazing, and you look fabulous by the way!!

Sasha said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear more! And your trip- oh I am so jealous- that looked like a fabulous trip!

c o u r t n e y said...

Very happy for you Elaine!! You deserve the best! Can't wait for more blog posts from you now! ;)

MaryBeth said...

YAY! Sound like your new job will be perfect.

Tiffany said...

What a whirlwind of a few weeks. I wish you nothing but the best in your new job!! So excited to see a new blog post from you too!

EMonaghan said...

Sounds like some exciting craziness! We should get together once things settle down a bit!

Sarah said...

Congrats!! So exciting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails