Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The NEW Semi-Homemade Home: BEFORE

Here's the tour I've been promising!  Since the new Semi-Homemade Home is still very much a work in progress... these are pics from Moving Day, with more to come soon... room-by-room... as I finish!  I'm taking Fri afternoon off & I'm spending the afternoon alone - just me and the house!  The plan:  PROGRESS!  :)

So let's start... with the room that's always my fav: the kitchen!

I love how mr.fix.it always pushes us to the newest thing... the next big thing that's not TOO trendy... it makes our houses unique but, at the same time, incredibly saleable.  (He's got a gift!)

I love the black distressed cabinets... the appliances (I've never had a double oven!)... and my fav is the custom hood!  And I wasn't sure about the hand -scraped hardwood floors in the kitchen - but I love 'em!



Can you see the 2 windows mr. fix.it added above the cabinets?  He knew I wanted more natural light in there! :)


Details... the carvings on the wooden hood....

The office (aka the last room - always! - to get unpacked!  We can totally work around the boxes!)
Our last office was pretty... but a few details make this one oh, so much better.  We extended the built-in bookshelf across the entire room and added a stained beadboard to the ceiling.

The entry looks the most similar to the last house.  But I'm hoping to brainstorm/research/dream up a new way to decorate those big wall spaces!

A peek into the dining room.  Can't wait for curtain shopping!

The master bathroom has been such a relaxing space... and it seems so luxurious after 7 months at the Summer House in a cramped bathroom!

I can't figure out how to take a picture that shows how BIG the shower is!  I love all the stone work, it's like being at a spa!
This picture doesn't do the bathroom justice, but... mr. fix.it moved the bathtub from against a wall to the middle of the room and it's such a focal point!  (It also seaprates our vanitys, which was a must.  I love that guy... but when I'm in the midst of makeup and hairspray and products... I need my space, lol!)


The distressed black cabinets carry into the living room... and - as much as I loved the stone mantel in the last house, it was impossible to decorate, with it's uneven-ness.. ;)  I shoulda taken a close up pic of the mantel.  I'm staring at it now, and it's so pretty...

I love this neighborhood!  This is my view from the (totally unpacked, even still!) office...

I can't wait to work on the Man Cave with mr. fix.it this weekend!  (He was so cute in there last weekend... holed up, watching the playoffs!)  We're doing an Oklahoma State theme and he got some of the coolest stuff for Christmas for this room!

Projects and pics of finished rooms to come soon!  :)  I absolutely can't wait to decorate the 3 kids' rooms (yikes!  3 kids?!?), but I'm holding those projects hostage... as a reward and to motivate me to finish unpacking and hanging stuff on walls!


7 comments:

Sasha said...

Elaine- it's beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person sometime.

C. Beth said...

It is SO gorgeous, Elaine!

Tiffany said...

Oh Elaine it's absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest!

Jess said...

Your house is beautifully gorgeous! I can't wait to see more pics of it!

Unknown said...

So gorgeous. I can't wait to see it come together! When I move back to TX one day, your husband will be involved in my next home... as a builder, not a homewrecker. You know what I meant!

Romantisch Hotel Bruges said...

Lovely this post and beautiful pics . amazing house

b & b hotels india said...

Your house is beautifully gorgeous!and I can't wait to see more pics of it.........purpe

Related Posts with Thumbnails